Mixars Primo Firmware Update
A brand new firmware update for the Mixars Primo has been released addressing jog wheel and pitch fader issues that some users have encountered. Here we will show you where to download this update and how to update your Primo DJ Controller to its most up to date firmware.
How To Update the Firmware
1. First download the Mixars Firmware Updater HERE
**Optional Step**- Download Java from https://www.java.com/ (Java is necessary to run the firmware updater)
2. Next Download the newest firmware available HERE (1.16 as of June 17, 2020)
3. Plug in your Mixars Primo via USB to your computer with the power button on the controller turned off
4. Turn on the controller in Update Mode by holding both headphone cue buttons at the same time while turning the controller on.
5. Open the Mixars Firmware Updater and open the Firmware Update file you downloaded in Step 2. The Updater should now show you the the current firmware version of your controller and what version it will update to.
6. Run the firmware update. Once complete close the Updater program and turn off your controller.
**VERY IMPORTANT** After you have updated your controller’s firmware you MUST do a Jog Wheel Calibration.
How to do Jog Wheel Calibration
1.Make sure your Primo is switched off via the power switch at the back.
2.Press and hold the buttons NOISE + FILTER, then switch on your device,using the power switch at the back while holding the Buttons.
3.Press the left deck VINYL button to switch between auto calibration and manual calibration. The VINYL button LED will show the current calibration mode:
a.VINYL Button LED ON: Currently in auto calibration
b.VINYL Button LED OFF: Currently in manual calibration mode
1.The 2 Jog wheels are calibrated together.
2.Do not touch JOG WHEELS during the calibration
3.Press SHIFT to save the parameter. Calibration is done.
1.The 2 Jog wheels are calibrated separately. The jog wheel touch should be calibrated one by one.
2.Move the pitch fader of the side under calibration. Jog wheel sensitivity increase from minimum to maximum when moving the pitch fader from bottom to top. The jog wheel LED ring will show the current sensitivity settings.
3.Touch the jog wheel touch area to test the sensitivity. The logo at the middle of the jog will turn on when a touch is sensed.
4.Adjust the pitch slider to set a desired touch sensitivity. It is recommended to touch the jog wheel and spin the jog wheel to make sure the touch is detected properly (logo LED keeps turning on during the spin).
5.Repeat the same for the other deck.
6.When the calibration is done for both decks, press SHIFT to save the parameter. Calibration is done.
Firmware Version 1.16
-Fixed a problem that the sound texture FX (ECHO, CRUSH) not turning off at middle position.
Firmware Version 1.15
-Improved Jog wheel Calibration range.
-Independent left and right jog wheel touch auto/manual calibration. (Use VINYL buttons to select)
Firmware Version 1.14
-Added a manual jog wheel touch calibration. (see instructions for calibration)
Firmware Version 1.13
– Improved jog wheel touch response. (Make sure to re-calibrate the jog wheel touch after firmware update)
Firmware Version 1.12
– Added support for 14-bit resolution MIDI for pitch faders.
– Improved Master volume response.
– Fixed a possible issue of audio routing settings
Firmware Version 1.09