Phase Firmware Version 6 (Beta)
Our most advanced update yet, Firmware, 6 is available for download as a beta version. Not only will it give access to the beta version of the Serato DJ Pro USB integration, but it also brings many important improvements and new features to upgrade the Phase overall experience.
Cue Drift Optimization
- The internal calibration process has been reworked to compensate for the temperature drift that can cause the Remote cue drift in some situations over time.
- A new automatic internal calibration system also turns on each time it detects that the internal sensors are not properly calibrated in order to enhance their accuracy.
- The way data is transferred between the Remotes and the Receiver has been completely reviewed to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the information sent, in order to improve Phase precision performances.
Reduction of the BPM fluctuations
Improvement of the precision of the sensors, especially during constant speed rotation, in order to reduce BPM fluctuations and ensure better accuracy.
Rework of the Manual calibration feature
You can now run a manual calibration during your set, which doesn’t cut and stop the sound anymore. It is extremely important that the Remotes are calibrated correctly, thus our goal with this update was to ease this feature as much as possible.
Faster automatic calibration wake-up time when Remotes are taken out of the Receiver
The system of automatic calibration is now twice faster than before, to speed up the setup processes and improve the sensors’ accuracy. From now on, you can swiftly set up your Phase only with a few steps!
Improvements on overall stability. Numerous optimizations have been added to improve stability and ease of use.
A new manual calibration: the Double-Tap feature (beta)
This new calibration system has been developed so that the calibration could be done on the go without the need of opening Phase Manager.
This new calibration system has been developed so that the calibration could be done on the go without the need of opening Phase Manager: simply double-tap on top of the Remote.
This feature can be activated in the Phase Manager settings, under the Calibration tab.
Battery percentage displayed in Phase Manager
You can now access the battery percentage of your Remotes on Phase Manager while they are charging on the Receiver decks, which wasn’t an option before.
LED Colors Management Improvement
You can now change the colors of your Remotes LED on Phase Manager, even if your Remotes are not in the Receiver.
Serato HID Integration
New USB communication via HID protocol:
Development of a new communication protocol between Phase and Serato DJ Pro built on an HID protocol, which allows Phase to communicate directly with Serato DJ Pro via USB, without the need for RCA cables. Phase just has to be connected to the laptop via USB to communicate with Serato DJ Pro.
Improvement of the accuracy and reduction of latency:
Thanks to this powerful HID protocol, the communication between Phase and Serato DJ Pro is now twice faster, reducing latency even more. A 100% digital communication that offers better accuracy and foolproof stability.
New dedicated features:
Full integration of Phase with Serato DJ Pro offers specially designed features, such as new Serato deck mode dedicated to the use of Phase in HID mode (Wireless mode), the display of the battery percentage of the Remotes within Serato, and custom-designed animations of your Remotes LEDs that now blink to indicate when the track is loaded, or when a track comes to the end (with the “Track End warning” mode activated in the Serato settings).
Resolution of the issue that was preventing the Receiver from properly detecting the Remotes, which enhances stability.
General bug fixes on the stability of the Remotes
Firmware 6 also tackles some minor bug issues on the global operation of the Remotes and the Receiver to improve the overall performance.
Firmware Update 5
Phase Firmware Version 5
Here’s what’s new:
1. An extensive rework of the radio communication protocol:
Providing a reliable and robust radio communication protocol is one of the top priorities for the Phase team as it represents one of our biggest challenges in product development. To always meet the expected quality and stability of our users, we constantly need to add improvements to our radio communication protocol in order for it to evolve. As our range for improvement on this feature is almost unlimited, for this firmware we decided to totally rework the radio communication between the Remotes and Receiver to ensure a stronger signal, and to maintain a seamless experience while using Phase regardless of the environment.
2. A new Remote shutdown feature:
After several users’ inquiries regarding the Remotes’ shutdown, now the Remotes will turn off immediately when they are placed in the Receiver decks and this gets disconnected. Instead of the previous 1 minute timer, you can now simply place your Remotes in the Receiver and unplug it for an immediate Remote shutdown.
3. More stable pairing and Remote detection systems:
These improvements guarantee fast data processing between the Receiver and the Remotes, help to solve the occasional issue of unrecognized Remotes and provide a more accurate connection status of the Remotes in real-time.
4. A more reliable calibration process:
We have applied a new process to fix issues with Remotes undergoing calibration randomly both within the Receiver or while being used. This will help us guarantee a more reliable performance.
5. Resolution of minor issues and bugs:
This firmware update also allowed us to fix minor bugs and issues occasionally experienced by users such as unresponsive Remotes and problems with Phase detection when connected via USB, which have been taken care of.
Preparing the field for the Phase x Serato integration
This firmware update represents an important first step in technical terms to prepare Phase for the future Phase x Serato collaboration by adding custom coding that will facilitate the integration once it is released later this year.
(Stay tuned on the Phase x Serato integration)
If you wish to know more technical details about this new firmware version, here is the entire detailed list of the changes, new features and improvements added in this update.
Firmware Update 4
NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE: BATTERY EXTENDED!
Following up on our development schedule, the whole team focused on battery optimization this past month.
The goal: balancing the way the batteries of your Phase are consumed regardless of the environment. And the results are here showing about 2 to 4+ hours of extra use per Remote!
Read our blog article to learn more about our work on batteries and power management.
This update also gave us the opportunity to bring some improvements to MWM Connect such as new color options to customize your Remotes LEDs more freely.
Our main focus for the coming months is to keep working on the radio communication, new algorithms to compensate cue point drift some of you are experiencing, and new features to upgrade the overall Phase experience.
There’s much to be expected in early 2020, so stay tuned!
Firmware Update 3
Phase Firmware Update 3
- Resolution of Internal Mode Bug: This new fix will prevent the timecode signal from randomly switching to Internal Mode. This has been one of the biggest issues users have experienced with Phase, and we are particularly thrilled and proud to be able to provide the solution! Fixing the internal switch issue: Check! ✔️
- Resolution of Calibration/Link Bug: fixed an issue keeping Remotes from calibrating properly due to surrounding vibrations in certain situations. The Remotes will now automatically calibrate within a 15 second delay maximum.
- New USB Driver Upgrading the Communication System: a new USB driver was developed to address the compatibility issues occurring with older Mac OS versions. This driver will be effective once the 3rd version of the firmware is installed.
- Enhancements to the Update Process: a completely revamped updating process for the Phase Receiver and Remotes will allow the future updates to be more seamless and efficient.
- General : Finally, we worked on stabilizing MWM Connect and fixing issues that were occasionally appearing for some end users.
Firmware Update 2
Firmware Update 2
Introduction of a new “Battery-Saving” feature
- This new feature will be available as a Beta within MWM Connect in a new tab called “Battery Saving”.
MWM has released a public beta feature in order to gather maximum feedback and to stay connected to the community during the process of product improvements.
- It will allow users to save battery life up to 2 hours of use time. Users will have the ability to customize the Phase radio settings to best fit their needs.
- This feature is the result of an analysis of Phase’s battery consumption. MWM has noticed that depending on the environment in which the DJ would perform, the consumption of the battery would vary according to the radio communication power i.e. the more powerful the radio communication is, the faster the battery would discharge. But the radio communication doesn’t necessarily need to be at its highest performance to work as intended.
- This feature will allow DJs to balance between signal strength and battery power saving depending on the situation.
How to access the new feature
- To access the new feature simply download the newest version of MWM Connect and click on the tab “Battery Saving”
Over-Discharge Security Feature
MWM has also created a software solution to prevent the battery from over-discharging and in turn preventing swelling or other similar damages. This will maintain longterm health for the Phase battery and ensure a better long-lasting experience.
Firmware Update 1
Firmware Update 1
- Auto-calibration system of the Phase internal clocks. This correct the BPM % shifts and will manually calibrate your Remotes perfectly at 0
- Optimization of the pairing system with the Remotes to prevent disconnection
- Improvement of the USB communication to resolve connection issues.
- Resolution of the security mode issues of the Remotes to prevent them from being locked in an unwilled state.
- Improving accuracy by integrating a new system of reading and processing of the captors
- Integrating a new system to improve the accuracy when calibrating of the Remotes
- Restructuring and optimizing the battery consumption to extend battery life
- Improving the strength of the radio frequency to improve accuracy and stability.
- Auto-adaptation of the speed of connection according to the activity of the Remotes which will help to improve battery life.
- Algorithm with performance memory that automatically changes channels to avoid using busy connection channels. This guarantees a more stable wireless connection.
Don’t own Phase yet? Click the link below to find out more. While you are here, check out these hot Phase accessories from MWM and Magma.